One Christmas eve, Pete and Jane were driving their Russian friend Rudolph back to his house. The weather outside was frightful. Jane asked Pete, “Do you think that’s sleet or rain out there?”
“It’s rain, Jane” said Pete.
“I think it’s sleet, Pete,” said Jane.
Rudolph chimed in, “It’s definitely rain, Jane.”
“No, I really think it’s sleet, Rudolph” said Jane.
“Don’t argue with the expert, Jane,” said Pete.
“What do you mean, Pete?” asked Jane.
Pete replied, “Rudolph the Red knows rain, Dear.”
Wow! What do you know?
Do you know the Bible is…
- the most stolen book in the world?
- the bestselling book in the world?
- written over the course of 1,500 years?
- written in three languages by authors from three continents?
- silent for 400 years between the Old and New Testament?
- over 600,000 words long?
- over 1,000 chapters long?
- a hymn book with 185 songs in it?
- accurate in its description of the earth as round and hanging on nothing?
- translated into 532 languages?
- composed of a two-word verse in John 11:35, which states, “Jesus wept.”?
- interesting in that women are more likely than men, older people are more likely than younger people, and African Americans are more likely than other races to read the Bible?
- accurate in revealing thar the life of the flesh is in the blood?
- a book where the original writings don’t exist?
- being presented in a 39-month program by the Mountain View Bible Church during which people read a chapter a day and can answer questions over the readings?
“Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.”
What do you think of that, Jane?