Mountain View Bible Church believes:
1. The verbal inspiration of the Old and New Testaments. By this is meant God’s superintendence of the human authors so that, using their own individual personalities, they composed and recorded without error God’s revelation to man in the words of the original autographs. (2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16).
2. The Trinity of the Godhead. There is one living and true God existing eternally in the three equal persons: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. (Genesis 1:26; Matthew 28:19).
3. The Deity of Jesus Christ. From all eternity Jesus Christ was God the Son. He came into humanity by the virgin birth and today is the God-man in the Glory. (John 1:1; Hebrews 1:8; John 20:28).
4. The Personality and Deity of the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity by whom believers are called, regenerated, baptized into Christ, indwelt, sealed, entered, guided, taught, witnessed to, sanctified, aided and filled for service. (John 14:16-18; Romans 8:9-27; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 1:13-14; 5:18).
5. Man is totally depraved and spiritually lost. He is by practice and by nature a sinner in need of regeneration by the Holy Spirit of God. ( Ephesians 2:1-3).
6. There is only one plan of salvation and that through faith in the finished work of Christ. (John 3:5; 14:6; 20:30-31). This salvation has been purchased solely through the blood of Christ. (1 Peter 1:18-19; Ephesians 1:7; Revelation 1:5; Hebrews 9:22).
7.Christ rose bodily from the grave. He ascended to Heaven to carry on a ministry of intercession for the saints. (John 2:19-22; Luke 24:36-43; Hebrews 7:25).
8. The imminent and pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ at which time the living saints will be translated and the dead in Christ will be raised. The church which is the body of Christ will be raptured before the period of the Great Tribulation. (Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18; 1 Corinthians 15:50-52; 1 Thessalonians 5:9).
9. The bodily resurrection of all men: the saved to everlasting joy and bliss, the lost to everlasting damnation in hell.(Job 19:25-27; Revelation 20:4-6; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Matthew 25:41, 46).
10. Satan, once one of God’s created cherubim, fell through pride and since then has been in constant warfare with God. He is prince of the present world system and will ultimately be confined to torments in the lake of fire. (Ezekiel 28:12-19; Luke 10:18; Revelation 20:10; Isaiah 14:12-14).
11. That all who, by faith, receive Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and therefore children of God and eternally saved, and that the Holy Spirit dwells within every believer to enlighten him in life, testimony and service. (John 3:5; 1 Corinthians 2:9-14).
12. That God gives spiritual gifts to all believers for the building up of the body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:1-31).